The entrepreneur who owns a film production company has likely been through the film company business plan development process at least once. However, this particular type of business is a bit different than most other businesses because each film project is likely to need investors. That means a unique film business plan is required each time a new film is produced.
Designing a Successful Film Business Plan
Needless to say the production company owner has a lot riding on the quality of the film business plan. Investors interested in funding films do so only when a best bussiness plan contains the elements of a successful film production, like a well-written script, experienced crew members, and good starring talent
The film industry is very competitive, meaning potential investors expect the producer to have a detailed production, marketing, and distribution plan, among other success factors. Investors will look for:
• Product: Tested script – The script is a crucial component of the final product – the film. It should be read multiple times by a variety of people, including actors and producers, to test interest and quality, and to get an assessment as to whether the anticipated costs match the complexity of the script.
• Shooting schedule – The shooting schedule not only influences the film budget, it impacts the timeframe investors can expect to get a return on their investment.
• Distribution plan – This section describes the process used to distribute the film and how distribution rights are designed. There are many possible distribution channels today, including pay-per-view, big-screen theaters, cable companies, DVD, and others.
Start your Business Plan Now
• Marketing plan – It takes careful and inspired marketing to target the population segment most likely to appreciate the film. In this case, marketing will address how the film compares to other films of the same genre, the advertising and marketing strategies developed, the cost of marketing, and so on.
• Financial plan – The financial plan includes the cost of producing the film, but the entrepreneur must find a way to project revenues. One strategy is to determine the amount of sales made through distribution rights. Another business strategy services is to review what similar films generated in revenue. Resources like Box Office Mojo and Hollywood Reporter provide data concerning box office grosses.
Specific to the Industry
The film marketing plan includes the standard sections like the Executive Summary, Company Description, Management Summary, Operations Plan, Marketing Plan, and Financial Plan. However, it also needs to include the information specific to the film industry, like the film summary and film industry overview.
There are many investors willing to fund new creative entrepreneurs, if the film package is based on a film company business plan. Contact OGS Capital for assistance with development of the film business plan that can be used to apply for private investments, loans or grants, and crowdfunding. The business consultants at OGS Capital have the expertise needed to prepare a high-quality film package and a network of investor contacts. Fill in the short online contact form to get started.
OGScapital staff also specialize in compiling such as pet photography business plan, record label business plan, photography company business plan, art gallery business plan, wedding photography business plan, video production business plan, etc.
Illustrative business plan samples
OGSCapital’s team has assisted thousands of entrepreneurs with top-rate business plan development, consultancy and analysis. They’ve helped thousands of SME owners secure more than $1.5 billion in funding, and they can do the same for you.