The increase in the crime rates paved the path for the security business. Many public and private institutes like schools, colleges, universities, households, religious and community centers are looking forward to hiring security services. Further, businessman, political leaders, and celebrities also demand high proof security services each day on every moment. Security services are also occasionally utilized by event planners. Thus, the increase in the demand has increased the chances of investment in the security business. Advancement in the security system also increased the competition in the market. Purchase of security equipment like surveillance cameras, the recruiting of trained security guards, etc. require a lot of money and depends on the field of your business. You need a special license for arms you might buy for security services. Guiding and Recruiting of the staff also vary as per the facilities you provide for example, for simple household security, a very complex security structure might not be necessary, but it is important for celebrities. In the US the utilization of the security have been increased. The OGS capital provides complete guidance to the clients about how to start a private security company and helps to write business plan.
Why to hire our services?
Starting a private security firm is a sophisticated business and require in-depth planning. It is important to take consultancy services from experienced people because when you write security plan, you might ignore many basic issues. You may ignore potential threats, the demand of the current industry or potential clients.
OGS capital can aid you to plan well for your prospective security and make you confident to attract investors for the investment. We have talented writers and experts to assist you in your security plan. We work with full confidentiality and make sure that your sensitive information won’t leak. Our primary goal is to write security plan according to your budget and vision.
Goals of the security plan
If you hire OGS capital services, some of our goals for developing the security plan for you are given below:
- Developing achievable aims for your prospective security business.
- Accurate market analysis for the security company.
- Make close to reality proposal through consulting professionals.
- Decide niche for your prospective business.
- Helps in deciding location and prospective customers.
- Focus on your financial resources and make a value efficient strategy for the security company.
- Helps in developing marketing and advertisement strategy.
- Helps in expanding and sustaining your business.
The security plan gives clear idea to the investors about what exactly you are going to do. Starting a private security firm is a complicated business and require more effort to attract potential investors. However, a security plan does not guarantee to find an investor but shows your interest, passion and hard work. The security plan helps you to write down research-based plans rather than start working on your baseless ideas and peer information. Biased information may result in loss, and you may lose credibility in front of investors. We help you to develop evidence-based plans.
The security industry is blooming and this business is rapidly growing due to increase the rate of crime along with terrorism. The budget allocation to the security industry is increased each year in the US. The advancement in the technology also improved the methods of security system like digital camera etc. These days both government and individual security companies are operational in the country. The non-public security companies provide security services with and without weapons to the public and private clients for homes or offices. They also provide watch keeping services, parking security etc. The security companies not only work as a source of installing equipment like digital cameras but also perform surveillance duty. They are responsible for setting entry and exit protocols, monitoring of any uncertified activity roving watch and protector. They keep the assets of the security company safe along with people, There are many well-known security agencies in the US, but still many private companies are operating too. If you are thinking to start your own security company, then you must write security company business plan. You can hire our service as we have experts to help you. You can also visit our website OGS capital to view sample plans.
Template for security company business plan
A good proposal can guide you to how to open a security business. It guides you to elaborate all important aspects starting a new trade, helps you to look new opportunities and overcome any expected pitfalls in the ideas. It contributes to writing and giving concrete shape to your business idea. The corporate proposals are similar to your house maps as house maps give you a clear idea about the dimensions and location. Similarly, a good proposal helps to develop and improve corporate strategies, marketing and sales strategies and other fundamental and key aspects. Security Company needs sophisticated analysis of the market demand. Any sought of negligence or wrong purchase of expensive instruments can negatively affect your business. You are required to develop a precise vision for your security company. Your observation and analysis skills would help you develop a proper security company business plan. There are many advisory services are available for guiding you about the business. Starting a security company also require the purchase of armed apparatus like pistols and guns and for this, you must know the information related to state laws for having armed instruments. It requires proper license for carrying armed devices. You should think to whom you are intended to provide security services, for example, corporate sector like executive people, banks or to the local people for the home security. Different type of security services might require different human resources, skills, and technological advancements. Generally, the business plan answers the following questions.
- What is the vision, objectives, and mission of the security company?
- To whom you are intended to provide security services?
- Whether you would start from your own funds, or will work in partnership?
- Do you intend to start the business from scratch?
- What is the estimated timeline to starting a security company?
- What would be your security company business structure?
- How would your market and advertise your business?
- What challenges our threats you might face in starting a security company?
- What would be the central location of your business and in which areas would you provide the services?
- What special equipment you would need?
A good business strategy answers all above questions in an excellent way. You might attract investors and present it to others confidently only if it is tailored according to your business needs. You can hire our services to or visit website for sample policies.
Sample Security company business plan
Starting a security firm is a complicated task and require both armed and unarmed services. It also requires trained security animals like a dog. So, you must prepare yourself for purchasing all kinds of gadgets and recruiting the man force you may need. Many new investors do not know how to start a private security company. The plan should give detailed but precise information about current industry analysis, executive summary, business structure, SWOT analysis, marketing and advertisement strategies and expansion plan. Below is the template for starting a security firm and you may also visit the OGS Capital website for more guidance.
- Current industry analysis
The private security firms are increasing gradually in the US. Currently, about two million security workers are working in the US, and this number is expected to grow. Interestingly, there the size of the security industry employees is ninety-six billion in the world. Europe has the largest market share, and Asia stands the second. Private companies providing security services earned twenty-five billion in 2014. Global security technology is also generating a lot of money i.e. approximately sixty-seven million US dollars. Thus, this the largest growing industry and chances of oversaturation are less because different private companies provide different services depending upon their areas of specialty. Thus, attracting clients is not difficult. Investors and entrepreneurs look for the profit with minimal risks. It is easy to start the new business because it is manageable. Carefully analyze the current security trends and make your decision policy according to that.
- Market Research.
- Understand demands of the individuals: You should be informed about the demographics of the individuals who need security before starting a security company. Public and private sector organizations, celebrities, businessman, academic institutes, events, religious centers and sports organizations commonly need security services. You must remember that each of them needs the different type of security protocols for example chief executive and people in business might require bullet proof vehicles. You should decide to whom you would provide security services based on your budget. The need assessment in the basic strategy to understand how to open a security business. You can hire our services for proper guidance.
- Comprehend the security services niche: There are many packages you can provide via your security company or business, and you can specialize in only one. You must decide the niche you would specialize or may provide more than one services. You may work with different niches, for example, security personals for home and offices or security for any purpose, the supply of security dogs, the supply of escorts, bouncers, and security patrols, the supply of security gadgets like surveillance cameras and lastly training and consultancy services. You must understand your area of interest and look for the best suppliers e.g. from where you can get cost effective surveillance cameras or trained dogs in low cost.
- Understand the level of competition: You must understand and do market research about the current market. Many large-scale security companies are working in the industry and providing high-security services. As a small security company, you should focus on the households, academic institutes, and communities. You must also work on attracting clients. You must hire trained personnel to attract the clients. Your location of the trade affects your competitive value e.g. if you are based in the capital of states, you might face more competition than if you are based in far away or rural areas.
- Think how to start a private security company: You must think whether you would start from the scratch or buy a security franchise and both options have their pros and cons. If you buy a franchise, you would directly enter into the well-established business and chances of success are increased. However, you would lack control over many issues. Similarly, you would have complete control on all matters in your own business. You might get experience in working any security corporate and watch how the things are going to be done then start your own business. Secondly, you must think that would you do a partnership, take bank loans or would like to spend from your saving. You should be clear in your perspective in writing proposal for your own security company.
- Executive Summary
You must include executive summary of the security company in the security company business plan. It includes the perspective of the security company, the goal of the security company, scope, and aim of the security company and role and responsibilities to the people. You should develop a precise vision and achievable mission statements for your company.
- Perspective and goal
You should develop your perspective and goal before starting a security company. You might be to develop a security company that becomes best among all the existing companies and best choice for all. Your vision should incorporate values like excellence, integrity, teamwork and professional services. Your mission might be to provide professional security services to the individuals, public sector organization, private organizations, corporate sector and non-profit organizations. Your mission would be to provide trustworthy services with full confidentiality.
- Responsibilities and management.
- Chief Executive Office: It’s the main administration of security company office which boosts the effectiveness of the managing body of security company by reassembling, choosing, positioning, training, counseling, monitoring disciplining, planning, and orienting the local body. It formulates the company strategy of the security company, chooses the opinions, evolving the climate to produce communication stages and smoothing the flow of scheme. It also enhances the educational prospects security company`s staff. It is the responsible body that executes the company tasks. As a governing body, it creates and implements the official image of the organization of security company. It evaluates and governs the overall company plan of the company. It develops the general official policy of security company. It follows and evaluates the growth of the organization. It is accountable for taking measures to hold complete check and papers on official’s behalf. You must prepare the proper recruitment strategy to hire all executive officers depending upon their education and skills in the security industry.
- Chief Security Manager: Chief Security Manager manages the general actions of the members of security company’s working individuals and keeps a check on all technical gadgets. The chief security manager is the one responsible for the profitable success by managing the charges and service quality accountable for the weekly or monthly schedules. The security manager will schedule the members and staff to certify the reliability of service of the security company. The security manager will be responsible for approving the weekly or monthly exercises, managing the control policies. The security manager will be accountable for the completion of administration tasks, coordination of the services for the overall security execution as demanded by clients. You must hire trained and well-experienced security manager.
- Security Consultant: Security Consultant is responsible for appointment and hiring of new guards, retailers, ordering new equipment and materials, assigning rates, and organizing the events related to security company`s services. Security Consultant outlines, and prepares guidelines related to security services. Security Consultant organizes the delivery of the project tasks within the time limit. Security consultant coordinates and communicates with the individuals to understand their requirements and satisfy them. Security Consultant is also responsible for doing research of the market, collect stats and assigning agreements related to new deals. Security consultant sends feedback about security reports to the shareholders and proposes new plans and ideas to manage and improve security services. He/she satisfies its staff and manages their requirements. He/she is also responsible for managing legal, safety, health and insurance related agreements.
- Human Resource Management and Administration of the security business: Starting a private security firm requires hiring an Human Resource Management and Administration in the security company. HR manager and admin of the security business designs specifications for the vacancies to drive the activities performance for customers. Admin is responsible for supervision of smoothly running managerial functions of the institute. Admin of the security business also holds regular meetings with shareholders for the analysis of the policy success with the process and procedure effectiveness, accountable for the maintenance of the agency supply by checking stocks, shares, investigating the accelerating orders, and scrutinizing new products. Admin of the security business ensures the maintenance and service of the equipment and also responsible for completing the requirements and managing repairs. Admin defines positions of the job and manage calls for interviewing process. Admin is also accountable for evaluation, training, and hiring of staff. Admin carries out induction of the staff for adding new members in the team, arranges appointments, conferences, meetings, and travel. For new updates of the job knowledge admin participates in informative sessions and educational opportunities. HR Manager of the security business also reads out new publications and journals. Admin is responsible for smoothness of regular office activities.
- Sales executive of the security business: You also need to hire a sales executive for the security business before starting a private security firm sales executive is responsible for identifying and reaching to new company partners and opening the new way of opportunities for the security company. The sales executive of the security business is also responsible for searching and identifying new opportunities for the development of the organization of security company. The job requirements also include participating in the financing of new developmental projects and assuring achievements of these projects by carrying out research for market surveys, company handling, and client`s assurance and writes company plans and negotiates rates of the organization policy. Sales executive supervises the project implementations to ensure client`s needs with the security company. Sales executive also works on the development, execution, and evaluation of new proposition that expands the company profit and increase sales. He/She also keeps the record of client’s contact as well as information about the needs of the customers. He/She also participates in conferences and meetings to strategically represent his organization. Finally, his / her main responsibility is to boost company`s growth and handle transactions.
- Accountant of the security business: You should prefer to hire an accountant or any accounting services before starting a private security firm. The responsibility of an accountant is to prepare, finalize and document budgets, financial reports and statements for the security company. The accountant has a vast working field in development, analysis, and accounting of financial trends and budgets for complex and complicated projects. Conducting research for analyzing trends as well as company climate is one of the most arduous task that accountant does for the security company. He/she takes responsibility to analysis risky financial environment for the organization of security company. The accountant also supervises accounting of general cash management as well as reporting them Accountant develops financial policies and systems of the security company. He/She administrates payrolls and ensure his/her policy with legal taxation. The accountant also handles economic and financial deals for the security company. The accountant also takes the responsibility as security company’s internal auditor.. Hire our services to understand how to start a private security business and become the successful entrepreneur.
- Customer Facility Executive: Customer Facility or the Service Executive is the main source of communication between the organization of security company and the clients. The service executive welcomes and greets the customers and guests on the telephone and answers them for their satisfaction on behalf of the security company. He/She also ensures clients by keeping them intact (via e-mail, phone, SMS or by any other social service) and provides them professional customer service from the security company. He plays the main role in attracting the customers for the security company. By his way of dealings and interaction, he creates an opportunity to attract client`s concern with the security company`s services. He/She also manages the duties of administration which manager assigned him/her in an efficient manner Customer Facility Executive also starts campaigns for the promotions of security company`s services. He/She is the main source of advertising the company of security company`s services and supplying helpful information to build client`s interest in the company. You must understand how to start a private security business and master the core skills to achieve goals.
- Security Guards: Security Guards provide prevention from any unauthorized and illegal activity inside the specified security company`s perimeters. He/she is responsible for the regulation of traffic along the parking sides of the security company’s office. The security guard is the in charge of regulating control facilities inside the security company. He prevents any theft or fire incidents and provides immediate facilities. The security guard is also the security adviser and provides expert security advice. He/she may be the in charge or a part of patrolling services team in the security company. In extreme conditions, he can also play a role as a bodyguard of the staff and officers of the security company. He also provides services for providing a guard dog. Visit our website to get knowledge understand how to start a private security business. You may also develop separate security guard proposal. Security guards can perform a variety of activities like guard entrances and employees, protect the people assets, combat crimes, work as a task force in case of an emergency like a fire, ejection of people from any place, helps is security audits and provide referrals. You must recruit the security guards according to your potential interest.
- Sales strategy
Starting a security firm and company is not that easy as it seems like. You need to promote and advertise it to make your space as an emerging security company. Due to the harder competition among private security company’s providing these services to companies, it is important to devise the product selling strategy with significant consideration to emerge your security company in the global field. The first step is to recruit the product selling strategy team in the security trade. The employees of your product selling team should be recruited on the basis of their experience. Training on a regular basis should be provided so that they become armed with the tools that are required to accomplish the long-term goals of your security company business industry. It is critical to make certain that your job deliveries speak for your standards and honesty in the business. If you want your private security services company to be one of the top companies in your country, you should take great interest in the strategy. There are some guidelines that will help you to apply the sales layout and to attract clients:
- First of all, present your security business to other organizations through introductory letters or postcards or brochures. They can be sent to the communal sector, religious organizations, educational sector, and household. It would help in the advertisement of your establishment.
- You should be prompt in signing and fulfilling the sale agreements with other organizations of the communal sector and the government authorities.
- Bring your security business to the public by giving ads in relevant print and electronic media. Don’t hesitate to use local directories for advertisement.
- Moreover, attending lectures, discussion, expositions and conferences regarding security services will also help you in developing and modifying the strategy of your security business according to the needs and demands of the company.
- In order to grow and expand your circle of clients, devise low-cost and high-cost packages to suit the budget of the clients without compromising their quality.
- Use the internet and world wide web to publicize your security business. Online marketing is a new trend that helps in flourishing the venture. Don’t forget that the direct marketing approach is the best approach.
- Lastly, always welcome the responses of your trusted and loyal clients and publicize their word of mouth and ensure the originality of their response to attract more clients.
Here are a few important points to consider before making the sales strategy:
- How to generate income?: It is important to keep attracting new clients and keep promoting your business to high profile industry communities and clients. Moreover, making sure that your clients will retain and will not leave is also crucial to generate profit. It is important to prevent unauthorized involvements in a specific area, provide services to regulate traffic, develop and use modern and authentic control services, and fire prevention and exit should be part and parcel of your building. Theft prevention must be ensured. 100% security measurements for your clients must be made available including security cameras, surveillance, guards, guard dogs, etc. You must have a security advisory board to suggest and develop modifications according to the changing needs of your organizations. Last but not the least, you should provide consultancy services to your client for advice and also in the case of any loss.
- Predicting your sales: How to predict your sales is a big question for the starters. For this, you should have complete knowledge about your current and prospect clients. You should know about the clients who would remain with you and those who would leave due to affordability constraints. This information will buy you time to turn your loss into an opportunity to earn more by devising certain short-term scheme also. Usually, a normal business man is able to achieve and predict his sales within first six months of his business. Critical examination of the security market and the chances of survival matter the most while forecasting your sales. You can earn $350,000 for your first fiscal year, $750,000 in second and $1.25 Million in your third fiscal year according to pre-supposed ratings of the income of such agencies (in case if no significant financial draw back occurs in your business due to any reason, i.e., natural or due to any human error.)
- What is the Best Pricing Strategy?: Usually, two types of ideas work. First is hourly billing and the second is flat fees that your security business will charge. You can use both depending on the type of position of the job of the other person. Hourly billing is instant while flat fees give a clear idea of the money and the requirements involved the contract. The regular clients are best suited for flat rates. Furthermore, there are other pricing tactics that may make sure of the growth in your security business. Among them, keeping fees below average rate of the market, taking money in advance and developing special deals including discounts and non-profit deals to attract all type of clients and small social enterprises are some of the promising techniques. The online payment option should also be considered. It is important to provide your customers with all type of payment options, i.e., bank transfer, cash, POS, online bank transfer, check or bank draft and let them decide their payment procedure according to their suitability.
- Legal matters for starting a new private Security Organization
Legal matters are very important and should be given priority while starting a new private Security Organization.
a) Lawful beginning for security business: Starting a new business for a security organization is undoubtedly a serious matter and business. You need a legal body which can ascertain the strength and growth of your business. The legal entity you decide and select will ascertain the development of your security company. If you want to start a big business, then you should select a best legal structure and proper legal entity. When you are starting a new company, you will come to choose the categories of lawful categories for your organization. There are various types and forms of lawful entities. They have their own advantages as well as disadvantages which can affect your business. So you should weigh categories of lawful entities for the authorized structure of your private security institute properly. You should weigh some points before selecting them for your legal body. For example, easily transferring liabilities, admitting new owners for your new security business company, and scheduling tax issues are some major factors. After properly studying some crucial factors you will come to know that a limited liability organization or company (LLC) is a good choice and suitable. After starting your security business organization as LLC, you can also convert or transform it to “C” corporation. And “S” corporation. It will publicize as well as globalize your company. You can enjoy many factors after upgrading your legal body to “C” or ”S” corporation. You will be able to develop the growth of your security organization, and ultimately you shall get a chance to compete for security market. You can enjoy many facilities like a separate tax management, easy control transfer, ownership flexibility. You can also build your own capital firms and enjoy stock market facilities.
b) Choosing suitable and professional security organization name: In business organizations name play a very vital role in attracting the customers and clients but in Security Business Institutions Names doesn’t play a strong role in attracting the visions of customers because, in security organizations, facilities and services matter the most. In choosing names for organizations of security businesses, there are no thumb rules to follow. There are no universally follow the rules for deciding names, but the name you choose must be professional and certified. In most developed countries like USA, UK, Australia, and China, etc. a good insurance policy is required to start a large security organization. As handling a security business is not much an easy task. So best insurance is needed in terms for many complex factors. Else you will be forced to have insurance by the security contracts. Insurance is also helpful to cover up the company policies.
It is required to add some insurance budgets in company’s policy. Before starting a new private security institute, you must contact some insurance advisor in order to get best insurance opinions for your company’s personal policy. A good insurance advisor will guide you how to handle proper insurance conditions to develop your organization. Some basic and important coverage policies that you will have to look upon to start a resourceful security business organization are “Company Ownership Insurance”, “Workers employment insurance”, “insurance of overhead expense”, “Risk Insurance”, “insurance of general conditions”, “Risk Insurance”, “Liability Insurance”, and “Insurance of cash and payment protection.”
c) Filing trademark for new private security organization or company: For starting a new company, it’s a risk that someone can use your logo or name for his/her own business company. So if you are going to start your own security business organization, then you should file your company for any intellectual property authority. Filing your company for trademark will secure your organization’s name, logo, records and document data. Trademark will also secure your applications of software. If you are opening your business in the United States then you should document files for the trademark as well as intellectual property security. You should file application in USPTO.
d) Private security organization certification: According to many surveys security companies are one of the most regulated industries. Security agencies and private security business industries can also threaten the security issues of a public as well as national security country. So for a successful business of security company international standard adopted certificates are very important. It will not only solve many legal issues but also give your organization many advantages over other companies or organizations. You should also hire international certificated staff. It will not only give you a strong edge but it will also become very easy to attract and convince people for your services. So this step can lead your company to a successful and globally well standard business organization.
e) Legalized documents: As security business industries are one of the top most regulated industries all over the world, so very country always keeps the proper check on them. They are specifically monitored so that the security of people is reassured. So in the USA and all countries some legalized documents are required for a security business organization.
8) Complete Promotional Strategy for the security business
Publicity is very important to keep the business going. The more the publicity, the more the clients you are likely to get. Although it is important to advertise as much as you can, however, the most important thing is how you advertise. Your method should be different than other businesses in the security industry and should catch the eye of the potential clients. You have to reach as much audience as you can. Use print media of all kinds be it local magazines or newspapers. Electronic media is also a promising source of advertisement these days which may include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc. Bill Boards, fliers and handbills are also the practical options to reach the community. You must have a logo. Your workers should have branded uniform and so should be your vehicles.
9) Managing Finances
In the beginning, it is important to do some homework such as what is your aim, what is your current situation and what resources you have and what resources you are going to need. Lastly, how much money you will need to get the required resources. If you have premises, you should think about the tax, electricity bills, repairing costs. If you are renting a place, then you should focus on the money for rent. You have to consider your employees’ income also which should be enough to make them stay and work productively. You may feel the beginning the toughest part of the business. Remember that it all depends on your aim and vision that you want to achieve.
You should focus on the expenditures needed to start your business such as buying tools and modern security gadgets, insurance, business license, development of physical office space and equipments, web developing, the first salary of your employees and miscellaneous.
How to Generate Funds?: Sometimes, it happens in business when you may run short of the required money. You should be ready for such circumstances instead of avoiding it. Basically, generating funds using personal savings and loans from trustworthy people may be helpful. If it is not enough, you may apply for the loan from the bank. Usually, business starts with your own savings and amount from friends. It is then maintained by bank loans. Lastly, partnership business is also a good option where people join and financially support the business and help it grow.
- Sustaining and Expanding Business
Definitely, you are not going to rely on your startup setup. You have to move on and strengthen your enterprise. For this, you will need loyal partners in your business. Your investors should know about your future plans and financial involvements. You would need loyal customers who can pay you the money which is required to expand your business. Your employees should be capable and competent enough to tackle the job demands. If any of this aspect is missing, chances of suffering a loss in your security business increase exponentially.
Your major goal is to build a business which runs from its profit money not from external sources. Initially, to gain the trust of the individuals you might have to live with lower profit margin which might increase your problems if you want to expand your business. You may have to wait and change your future planning too. Moreover, you will also have to share the profit with your investors or partners. Keep all these considerations in mind before finalizing the decision of moving on with the addition of another section to your company.
Check List of Milestones
You should have a checklist of milestones that you have achieved and that you have to achieve yet. You have to ask yourself the questions such as:
- Do you have a business name?
- Do you have a company logo?
- Do you have a bank account?
- Did you get the online payment facility?
- Did you apply for and got the tax payer ID?
- Do you have your business license and permit?
- Do you have coverage for your business?
- Are your security standards appropriate?
- Did you conduct research before starting your enterprise about starters in the business world?
- Do you have money enough to start your business?
- What is your practical business?
- Do you have a detailed manual on how to do the business for your employees?
- Did you draft your bond with your employees and partners?
- Did you advertise your entrepreneurship?
- Did you design your web?
- Do you have appropriate health and safety system?
- Do you have enough contacts that will help you buy genuine material for the business?
Get answers of all these questions before starting your company.
Why should you choose OGSCapital?
Do not take any risks for the proposal for the security business and contact OGSCapital today for highly professional services. We will provide you with a comprehensive and unique plan that will stand ahead of others as we do not use pre-existent template.
With deep research and a whole team working on a single proposal, the security business proposal we will provide you will be detailed guide with accurate monetary projections which is what the investors want to see. We do not guarantee getting an investment but, the security business proposal we will provide will give a complete idea of what you intend to do to the investors.
Illustrative business plan samples
OGSCapital’s team has assisted thousands of entrepreneurs with top-rate business plan development, consultancy and analysis. They’ve helped thousands of SME owners secure more than $1.5 billion in funding, and they can do the same for you.