Marketing plan should be not only correctly developed but also it should be analysed in order to get result and be successful.
Analysis of the marketing plan allows for a comparison of actual developments with planned or individual results and if necessary to conduct an appropriate adjustment of plans.
There are usually used three methods:
1. marketing cost analysis
2. implementation analysis
3. marketing audit
Marketing cost analysis evaluates the cost-effectiveness of different marketing factors (product lines, methods of implementation, sales territories, distribution channels, sales force, advertising media, types of consumers, etc.) and to determine what expenses are effective and which are not.
The procedure consists of three stages:
• study of the cost by conventional articles
• transition from traditional to functional articles
• distribution of functional articles on marketing classification
This is a number of functional items:
• marketing management
• personal selling
• marketing research
• common management
The third stage – the distribution of the functional costs of goods, methods of implementation, sales territories, distribution channels, sales staff, customers, etc.
Sales analysis – a detailed study of sales data for individual segments, areas, types of consumers, the time period assortment groups, methods of marketing.
The main source of information is account. Analysis is usually done on the basis of principle “20-80” on a rejection of progress. Detailed sales analysis helps to identify and monitor the structure of purchases, answering the following questions:
• Who buys?
• What is purchased?
• How to buy goods? (a form of payment, delivery terms)
• When shopping reaches maximum and minimum (season, financial period, day, time)?
• How much shopping?
• Where to shop?
The marketing audit – a systematic assessment of the main objectives, marketing strategy for business, practices, procedures and personnel.
It is produced in six stages:
1. Definition of audit entities (internal or external experts, management);
2. Definition of its periodicity;
3. Definition of audit direction (the overall functioning of a marketing or private matter);
4. Definition of audit forms (CV techniques, forms of certificates, etc.)
5. Carrying out proper audits (duration, officers information, reporting);
6. Presentation of the results to direction.
OGScapital writer specializes in business plan themes such as marketing and corporate plan and helps you understand what is the marketing plan, and recommendations on how to compose marketing plan in business or financial planning.
Illustrative business plan samples
OGSCapital’s team has assisted thousands of entrepreneurs with top-rate business plan development, consultancy and analysis. They’ve helped thousands of SME owners secure more than $1.5 billion in funding, and they can do the same for you.